A couple weeks ago I announced on here that I decided to offer some online
caller classes. Then 29 people registered 54 times for 4 different classes
scheduled 8 times over 9 days.
I'm calling that a success! So I developed two new classes ("Leading Great
Community Dances" and "Programming and Reading Dancers") and scheduled
along with the classes I've already done.
Each of the 6 classes is scheduled twice between April 8 and April 21.
- Calling 101: An introduction to contra dance calling for experienced
contra dancers with zero calling experience
- Picking Good Dances: Advanced skills in recognizing bad contra
choreography and honing in on collecting good dances for your repertoire
- Utilizing Variety: Learn how to design an experiential journey for
contra dancers through choreographic and musical variety
- Challenging Dancers Just Enough: Learn exactly what makes a dance too
complex or just right for your crowd
- Programming and Reading Dancers: Build a great program of dances in
advance and recognize signals on the fly to help you choose the right
dances in the moment
- Leading Great Community Dances: Succeed at calling gigs with very few or
no participants who regularly attend contra dance events, such as community
dances, weddings, and family dances
They are listed together here:
At the links above you can find descriptions of each online class and
online registration for each one.
Let me know if you have any questions about the classes. I hope to see
your face online soon!
dugan at duganmurphy.com