Hey fellow organizers,
I know some of us struggle with getting more organizers on our team. (We're
currently looking for more folks to help with outreach/promotion here in
Just wanted to share a quick strategy relating to the CDSS Shop Talk that I
sent out a few minutes ago.
I've posted info about Shop Talk as well as this list, the CDSS organizers
resource portal and the FB group for organizers on our local dance
community facebook group. I thought that a quick 'we can always use more
help' and 'check out these cool resources' might set the seed in some
dancers' minds.. ... ... even just making them aware of the broader
conversations is worth it.
I don't know how much merit there is in this idea but I just wanted to
share in case you liked it. I've included my post info below. (I made an
initial post and then followed up with a few comments underneath.)
Emily in Ottawa
A plug for those of you who might be interested in helping organize our
dances... ... ... we can always use more help!
A neat way to catch the bug is by watching (and even participating) in some
conversations that happen around organizing. As part of this, you might
might want to sign up for Shop Talk - it's CDSS's free quarterly e-blast
Here's a link to the May issue that just came out yesterday:
In the issue....
- Heads up regarding an article in the upcoming June CDSS News which
outlines how to easily plan organizer discussions.
- Announcing the CDSS Web Chat: Building Safe Dance Communities which is
happening on July 11th
- CDSS Scholarships still available for camp sessions!
- News about an exciting collaboration among organizer, caller, and
- A survey for Open Bands to support resource development.
- Heads up regarding the upcoming CDSS Group Affiliates survey
- A call for volunteers interested in developing organizer resources.
- Join CDSS as an affiliate and individual member to help make resources
and supports like these possible!
And here are three other great links..
There's a FB group for contra dance organizers:
There's an email listserv for organizers at Shared Weight
And the Country Dance and Song Society has a big collection of resources
for organizers here: https://www.cdss.org/resources/how-to/organizers