[Callers] Equalizer

Dale Wilson dale.wilson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 07:50:20 PST 2018

I have a similar problem.   Our sound people are very good at coping with
it, though.   One thing I know they do is use a Shure Beta58 mic for me
rather than the one they normally use as a caller mic.

Dale

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 7:27 PM, Bob Peterson via Callers <

> I have another sound equipment question. My natural voice comes out
> muffled and bassy at the back of the hall unless I make a concerted effort
> to raise my pitch and project from the diaphragm. I am also paying more
> attention to my mic position. All these are good things to do anyway, but
> it migh help in the few situations where the sound equipment is limited to
> bring my own inline equalizer or mic preamp. The idea would be to
> preprocess my mic before feeding the signal to the powered speaker or mixer
> the hall is using.
>
> So far all I can find are $99 mixer units with only a high and low band.
> Actual mic preamps cost more. Is there anything under $100 to clarify my
> tone?
>
> Does anyone else do this?
>
> \Bob Peterson
> Billerica, MA

There are only two hard things in computer science: cache invalidation,
naming things, and off-by-one errors.