[Callers] Equalizer

Bob Peterson bobp at contracorner.com
Sun Jan 28 17:27:28 PST 2018

I have another sound equipment question. My natural voice comes out muffled and bassy at the back of the hall unless I make a concerted effort to raise my pitch and project from the diaphragm. I am also paying more attention to my mic position. All these are good things to do anyway, but it migh help in the few situations where the sound equipment is limited to bring my own inline equalizer or mic preamp. The idea would be to preprocess my mic before feeding the signal to the powered speaker or mixer the hall is using.

So far all I can find are $99 mixer units with only a high and low band. Actual mic preamps cost more. Is there anything under $100 to clarify my tone?

Does anyone else do this?

\Bob Peterson
Billerica, MA