[Callers] Contra friendly squares

Robert Livingston via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Oct 14 15:23:27 PDT 2016

I called this last Sunday doing the Brattleboro, VT Contra Dance
Head Ladies Chain, and you - Swing 'em over thereSide Ladies Chain (RHStar), and you - SwingAll 4 Ladies Chain, it's a - three (3/4) quarter Chain
Swing with the third one - go 'round 2-3-4
4 Ladies Chain, go - 3 quarter roundSwing with the third one - around4 Ladies Chain, it's a  3 quarter ChainSwing with the third on one - around
Repeat first four AABB to finish.  Call through again for the Gents.
This dance was called for years at the Heath, MA first and third Saturday dances to "Children of the Lord"Perhaps again this summer at the W. Mass fairs by Doug Wilkins
Used it for 25 years at the Killingly, CT dance and put it to the tune of "Do What You Do Do Well."No idea what the Dead Sea Squirrels played for me last Sunday, only that it moved.
I also used  the Four Poster-Soldier's Joy square dance a couple of weeks before when Guillame Sparrow-Pepinasked if I would do the square at his dance.  Forward and Backs, Divide the Rings, Swings outside the Set
Again for contradancers, not a lot of choreography - but Swinging all the Neighbors and, more or less,keeping PartnersAnd you can keep picking up the phrasing.

Bob LivingstonMiddletown, CT