[Callers] A Lot of "Don't Know" dances

Dan Black via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Nov 6 14:33:34 PST 2016

 A quick search brought two to light.

 Rolling and Tumbling       Improper Cis Hinkle
A1. 4,12 Neighbor balance, swing
A2. 8 Long lines forward and gents roll neighbor in front 8 Long lines forward and ladies roll neighbor in front
B1. 8 Ladies allemande R 1½ 8 Partner swing
B2. 8 Ladies chain to neighbor 8 Star L

California Twirlin'  by Janet Levatin  Duple improper
A1:  Balance the ring Partner California Twirl and face back in Balance the ring
Neighbor California Twirl and face back in

A2:  Balance the ring
Partner California Twirl and face new neighbors
Swing this new neighbor

B1:  Circle left 3/4
Partner swing

B2:  Ladies chain with courtesy turn (or another California twirl)
Long lines forward and on the way back…
Neighbor roll away with half sashay: women rolling left
Double progression variation: B2: omit roll away, start dance with next neighbors

 Have fun with the rest gang,
Dan Black

 Hi All,

 In my book of collected dances I have a bunch of
 “Don’t knows.” Some have more info, like
 “from Kathy Anderson.” In an attempt to get
 names and choreographers in one fell swoop, I’m
 putting them all here. All help is appreciated!

 Don’t Know Yet #0, from ???
 Becket
 Don’t know
 A1    Wmn Allemande Rt 1½; Half Hey (Nb
 st Lft sh)
 A2      NbrB&S
 B1      on Lft Diag: Women
 Chain—to Shdw; (w/ Shdw) Across: Right & Left
 Thru
 B2      LLF&B; Partner
 Swing

 Don’t Know #1
 Improper
 Don’t Know
 A1      with Nbr, BAL, Bx
 Gnat;  Star Rt
 A2      Circle Lft ¾;
 Sw Pt
 B1      Mn Pull By with the
 Left, Bx Gnat with Nbr;  Half Hey, Nbr start Rt
 Shoulder
 B2      BAL & Sw Nbr

 Don’t Know #2
 Improper
 Don’t Know
 A1      BAL with Nbr, Gypsy
 (Rt shoulder);  Half Hey, Wm start Lft Shoulder
 A2      BAL & Sw Nbr
 (opposite side)
 B1      Wm Gypsy 1½;  Sw
 Pt
 B2      LLF&B;  Mn
 Gypsy 1½ to progress

 Don’t Know #3
 Improper
 Don’t Know
 A1      Nbr BAL & Sw end
 in Circle
 A2      BAL Ring, Pet Tw to
 wave: Pt in Rt, Wm in Cntr Rory O’More BAL,
 B1      Mn Al Lft once, Pt
 Sw
 B2      Circle Lft ¾; Nbr Al
 Lft 1½
 On an envelope

 Don’t Know #4
 Improper
 Don’t know
 A1      DSD Nbr;  Sw
 Nbr
 A2      R&L Thru Acrss;
 Star Lft ¾, end in a wave on the Wm’s side Pt in
 left, Shdw in Rt
 B1      BAL the wave, Al Rt
 Shdw; Sw Pt
 B2      Circle Lft 1¼; CA
 twirl Pt

 Don’t Know Yet #5 from Cis Hinkle
 Improper
 Kathy Anderson
 A1      Ones split the Twos
 (with hands? Gate?): Mirror DSD (or gate?) to Circle;
 BAL the Ring, Pt Rollaway with a Half Sashay Acrss
 A2      DSD Nbr to a Wave, Mn
 in Center;  Ry O’Mr BAL (to put Wm in
 center)
 B1      Wm Al Lft 1½;
 Sw Pt
 B2      Prom Pt;  Circle
 Lft ¾, Twos Arch, Pop the Ones through
 From Cis Hinkle at Harvest Moon

 Don’t Know from Briefcase #1
 Improper
 Me?
 A1      Ptnella BAL
 Twice
 A2      BAL the Ring, CA Twril
 Pt;  Sw Nbr
 B1      Mn Al Lft 1½;
 Sw Pt
 B2      Wm Chain;  Half
 Hey, Wm start, Rt shoulder
 From a green piece of paper, the 2000 Echo Summit dance
 schedule.  I should email Susan Kevra (the other
 caller) and see if she knows about this dance.

 Don’t Know Yet From Andy Wilson—June 1,
 ????
 Imp
 A1      “Hey”
 along lines: Pass Nb Rt, next Lft, 3rd Rt Shoulder Turn,
 pass next Left, to
         Current
 Nbr
 A1       w/ Current Nbr,
 ½ Rt Sh Turn then “Stalk”: Wm crosses, Mn
 follows to other
         side;
 Nb Sw
 B1      Circle Lft ¾;
 Pt Sw
 B2      Star Lft ¾; turn to
 face Nbr: BAL, Pull by w/ Rt
 Says, Beware to start the “Hey” with the
 Right Shoulder. Could that last Balance & Pull By be
 with the Left?

 Don’t Know Yet From Cis Hinckle @ Harvest
 Moon
 Improper
 A1      BAL & Sw Nbr
 A2      LLF&B with Wm
 Rolling Away with a Half Sashay (left);  LLF&B with
 Mn Rolling Away with a Half Sashay (Rt, same Nbr)
 B1      Wm Al Rt 1½;  Sw
 Pt
 B2      Wm Chain;  Star
 Left

 Don't Know Yet from Dean Alemain
 Becket
 A1      Crcl Lft ¾;  Nb
 Sw
 A2      LLF&B; Mn Al Lft
 1½
 B1      Pt BAL & Sw
 B2      Mn Cross (4), Wm Cross
 (4); Hands Across Rt Star
         Single File
 lead to next couple (Mn in lead)

 Don’t Know Yet From Gordy Euler—Oct 17,
 2012, in Berk
 Imp
 A1      Bal Ring, w/ Pt, CA
 Twirl, turn alone to face in
         Bal Ring, w/
 Nb, CA Twirl, (I think:) turn alone to face in
 A2      Bal Ring, w/ Pt, Ca
 Twirl to face new Nb;  that New Nb Sw
 B1      Circle Lft ¾;
 Pt Sw
 B2      Wm Chain;
 LLF&B w/ Rollaway
 (or, I think, LLF&B; Wm Chain /w Rollaway)

 Don’t Know Yet from Kathy Anderson @ BDD
 9
 Improper
 Al Olson
 A1      (Remember this Nbr)
 LLF&B;  BAL Towards Nbr One, Back, Roll Away with
 Half Sashay
 A2      (still in lines)
 BALt  towards Nbr Two, Away, Sw Nbr Two
 B1      Mn Al Lft 1½;
 Sw Pt
 B2      (with Nbr Two) Star
 Lft ¾;  Sw Nbr One
 From Kathy Anderson at the Brattleboro Dawn Dance, May
 29, 2000

 Don’t Know Yet From Kathy Anderson @ M.T. #1

 Improper
 A1    LLF&B w/ Rollaway; Women
 Chain
 A2    Hey (Wm st Rt sh)
 B1    Partner B&S
 B2    Circle Left ¾; Neighbor
 Swing

 Don’t Know Yet From Kathy Anderson @ M.T.
 Improper
 A1    Star Right; Neighbor Gypsy
 A2    Circle Single File Left Half
 (still looking at Neighbor Women lead) (4)

 Neighbor Gypsy (some more) (4);

 Neighbor Swing
 B1    Give & Take: Women pull
 Partner back
 B2    Women Chain; Star Left

 Don’t Know Yet From Mavis March 2
 2016
 Improper
 A1     Nbr DSD; Nbr Swing
 A2     LLF&B;  Wm chain
 (to Pt)—end in Ring
 B1     Ring Balance, Roll Nbr; Pt
 Swing
 B2     Circle Lft ¾;  Ring
 Balance, CA Twirl

 Don’t Know Yet From Mike Richardson, MT 2001
 Becket
 ???
 A1      Long Lines Forwad
 & Back;  Circle Left, Slide Lft (R&L T; Circle
 Slide, or LLF&B, Circle ½, Slide)
 A2      Hey, Wm start, Rt
 shoulder
 B1      Wm Al Rt ¾ to long
 wave in center (4), BAL;  Wm back out WHILE Mn Al Rt
 with Man to Rt ¾ to long wave, BAL
 B2      Mn step forward to Pt:
 Sw Pt

 Don’t Know Yet from Susan Kevra (I
 think)
 Becket
 A1    Nbr Allemande Rt, Wmn Lft Pull By,
 Pt Allemande Rt, Wmn Lft Pull By
 A2    Neighbor B&S
 B1    Circle Left ¾; Partner
 Swing
 B2    LLF&B; Women Chain
         At least it
 was on a blue piece of paper that also had Hey for 40, as
 called by S.K.

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----