[Callers] A Lot of "Don't Know" dances

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Nov 6 13:39:45 PST 2016

Hi All,

In my book of collected dances I have a bunch of "Don't knows." Some have more info, like "from Kathy Anderson." In an attempt to get names and choreographers in one fell swoop, I'm putting them all here. All help is appreciated!

Don't Know Yet #0, from ???
Becket
Don't know
A1    Wmn Allemande Rt 1½; Half Hey (Nb st Lft sh)
A2      NbrB&S
B1      on Lft Diag: Women Chain-to Shdw; (w/ Shdw) Across: Right & Left Thru
B2      LLF&B; Partner Swing

Don't Know #1
Improper
Don't Know
A1      with Nbr, BAL, Bx Gnat;  Star Rt
A2      Circle Lft ¾;  Sw Pt
B1      Mn Pull By with the Left, Bx Gnat with Nbr;  Half Hey, Nbr start Rt Shoulder
B2      BAL & Sw Nbr

Don't Know #2
Improper
Don't Know
A1      BAL with Nbr, Gypsy (Rt shoulder);  Half Hey, Wm start Lft Shoulder
A2      BAL & Sw Nbr (opposite side)
B1      Wm Gypsy 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      LLF&B;  Mn Gypsy 1½ to progress

Don't Know #3
Improper
Don't Know
A1      Nbr BAL & Sw end in Circle
A2      BAL Ring, Pet Tw to wave: Pt in Rt, Wm in Cntr Rory O'More BAL,
B1      Mn Al Lft once, Pt Sw
B2      Circle Lft ¾; Nbr Al Lft 1½
On an envelope

Don't Know #4
Improper
Don't know
A1      DSD Nbr;  Sw Nbr
A2      R&L Thru Acrss; Star Lft ¾, end in a wave on the Wm's side Pt in left, Shdw in Rt
B1      BAL the wave, Al Rt Shdw; Sw Pt
B2      Circle Lft 1¼; CA twirl Pt

Don't Know Yet #5 from Cis Hinkle
Improper
Kathy Anderson
A1      Ones split the Twos (with hands? Gate?): Mirror DSD (or gate?) to Circle;  BAL the Ring, Pt Rollaway with a Half Sashay Acrss
A2      DSD Nbr to a Wave, Mn in Center;  Ry O'Mr BAL (to put Wm in center)
B1      Wm Al Lft 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      Prom Pt;  Circle Lft ¾, Twos Arch, Pop the Ones through
>From Cis Hinkle at Harvest Moon

Don't Know from Briefcase #1
Improper
Me?
A1      Ptnella BAL Twice
A2      BAL the Ring, CA Twril Pt;  Sw Nbr
B1      Mn Al Lft 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      Wm Chain;  Half Hey, Wm start, Rt shoulder
>From a green piece of paper, the 2000 Echo Summit dance schedule.  I should email Susan Kevra (the other caller) and see if she knows about this dance.

Don't Know Yet From Andy Wilson-June 1, ????
Imp
A1      "Hey" along lines: Pass Nb Rt, next Lft, 3rd Rt Shoulder Turn, pass next Left, to
        Current Nbr
A1      w/ Current Nbr, ½ Rt Sh Turn then "Stalk": Wm crosses, Mn follows to other
        side;  Nb Sw
B1      Circle Lft ¾;  Pt Sw
B2      Star Lft ¾; turn to face Nbr: BAL, Pull by w/ Rt
Says, Beware to start the "Hey" with the Right Shoulder. Could that last Balance & Pull By be with the Left?

Don't Know Yet From Cis Hinckle @ Harvest Moon
Improper
A1      BAL & Sw Nbr
A2      LLF&B with Wm Rolling Away with a Half Sashay (left);  LLF&B with Mn Rolling Away with a Half Sashay (Rt, same Nbr)
B1      Wm Al Rt 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      Wm Chain;  Star Left

Don't Know Yet from Dean Alemain
Becket
A1      Crcl Lft ¾;  Nb Sw
A2      LLF&B; Mn Al Lft 1½
B1      Pt BAL & Sw
B2      Mn Cross (4), Wm Cross (4); Hands Across Rt Star
        Single File lead to next couple (Mn in lead)

Don't Know Yet From Gordy Euler-Oct 17, 2012, in Berk
Imp
A1      Bal Ring, w/ Pt, CA Twirl, turn alone to face in
        Bal Ring, w/ Nb, CA Twirl, (I think:) turn alone to face in
A2      Bal Ring, w/ Pt, Ca Twirl to face new Nb;  that New Nb Sw
B1      Circle Lft ¾;  Pt Sw
B2      Wm Chain;  LLF&B w/ Rollaway
(or, I think, LLF&B; Wm Chain /w Rollaway)

Don't Know Yet from Kathy Anderson @ BDD 9
Improper
Al Olson
A1      (Remember this Nbr) LLF&B;  BAL Towards Nbr One, Back, Roll Away with Half Sashay
A2      (still in lines) BALt  towards Nbr Two, Away, Sw Nbr Two
B1      Mn Al Lft 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      (with Nbr Two) Star Lft ¾;  Sw Nbr One
>From Kathy Anderson at the Brattleboro Dawn Dance, May 29, 2000

Don't Know Yet From Kathy Anderson @ M.T. #1
Improper
A1    LLF&B w/ Rollaway; Women Chain
A2    Hey (Wm st Rt sh)
B1    Partner B&S
B2    Circle Left ¾; Neighbor Swing

Don't Know Yet From Kathy Anderson @ M.T. #2
Improper
A1    Star Right; Neighbor Gypsy
A2    Circle Single File Left Half (still looking at Neighbor Women lead) (4)
         Neighbor Gypsy (some more) (4);
         Neighbor Swing
B1    Give & Take: Women pull Partner back
B2    Women Chain; Star Left

Don't Know Yet From Mavis March 2 2016
Improper
A1     Nbr DSD; Nbr Swing
A2     LLF&B;  Wm chain (to Pt)-end in Ring
B1     Ring Balance, Roll Nbr; Pt Swing
B2     Circle Lft ¾;  Ring Balance, CA Twirl

Don't Know Yet From Mike Richardson, MT 2001 #1
Becket
???
A1      Long Lines Forwad & Back;  Circle Left, Slide Lft (R&L T; Circle Slide, or LLF&B, Circle ½, Slide)
A2      Hey, Wm start, Rt shoulder
B1      Wm Al Rt ¾ to long wave in center (4), BAL;  Wm back out WHILE Mn Al Rt with Man to Rt ¾ to long wave, BAL
B2      Mn step forward to Pt: Sw Pt

Don't Know Yet from Susan Kevra (I think)
Becket
A1    Nbr Allemande Rt, Wmn Lft Pull By, Pt Allemande Rt, Wmn Lft Pull By
A2    Neighbor B&S
B1    Circle Left ¾; Partner Swing
B2    LLF&B; Women Chain
        At least it was on a blue piece of paper that also had Hey for 40, as called by S.K.