[Callers] Young Adult Rose

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Mar 27 17:13:23 PDT 2016

On 3/27/2016 5:09 PM, JD Erskine via Callers wrote:
> On 2016-03-27 1324, Kalia Kliban via Callers wrote:
>> I called Young Adult Rose last night and experienced a near-complete
>> dancer revolt about the shadow allemande.  The dance is written with a
>> circle left 3/4, pass P by R along the line then allemande shadow R 1x,
>> before coming back to P for a balance and swing.  The dancers all
>> _really_ wanted to do the allemande by the left.  I tried calling it a
>> few times with the R hand, then gave up and called it L and they were
>> all much happier.  Anyone else experienced this?
>>
>> Kalia
>
> I don't have the dance mentioned so I started to analyse what I'd be
> able to respond to by reformatting the above to short lines of complete,
> necessary words. I just couldn't picture it in the narrative style.
>
> It looked like I was missing something for my understanding of the
> dance. I didn't find it on-line, however looking in my personal archives
> of this list I found a discussion about the dance from 2012.10.26-28
>
> According to one poster Young Adult Rose _is_ danced with an allemande
> left.
>
> Young Adult Rose
>
> Dup imp/L2i
>
> A1 N Bal. & Sw
> A2 Cir. L 3/4, pass through
>        Shadow Al. L 1x
> B1 P Bal. & Sw
> B2 Ladies Chain
>       LH Star 1x
>
> "identical to "Baby" except for the A2."

Hmm, this is interesting.  I picked it up from JoLaine Jones-Pokorney's
site, where it's written as allemande R.  I haven't been able to find
the notes anywhere else, when I was looking to see whether I just had an
odd version.  Anybody else have this in their files?  Is it left or
right in your version?

Kalia