[Callers] Young Adult Rose

David A Kaynor via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Mar 27 18:15:46 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

The “Young Adult Rose” which I made up goes thus:

Duple Improper

A1:  w/neighbor, balance and swing
        end progressed

A2:  Circle left 3/4 til gents are back home;
        w/partner, pass right shoulder;
        w/shadow, left hand turn

B1:  With partner, balance and swing

B2:  Ladies chain across;
        star left

The only differences from The Baby Rose are (1) the title, the “baby” having become a “young adult” when, over 20 years later, we met at Camp Unirondack and he introduced himself (“I was the Baby Rose!”), and (2) the latter part of A2, wherein the arguably overly accommodating partner dos-a-dos morphs into what's above.

I will just observe that, even if different from and perhaps somewhat less satisfying than what I made up, having to turn with *right* hands rather than left hands seems a bit inconsequential to me, considering what’s going on in the world around us  these days.  One might well wonder if the revolting individuals chose to at least be gracious.

David Kaynor