[Callers] How to teach various steps to beginners?

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 8 13:15:53 PDT 2015

On 7/8/2015 1:07 PM, Hulsether Sue via Callers wrote:

> All great suggestions.
> I would also like to add that when I first started calling,  I did many
> of the things already listed, but I also practiced.
> I practiced with imaginary people in my living room:  practicing (out
> loud!) the walk-through, practicing the calling, dancing in each
> position while I practiced the calling....

If you have any random, non-dancer friends who are willing to be your
guinea pigs, try explaining some basic moves to them and see if they get
it.  It doesn't have to be a huge, full evening thing.  If you've got 4
friends in a room, see if you can get them through a ladies chain and
then go back to the Scrabble game...

Kalia