[Callers] How to teach various steps to beginners?

James Saxe via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 8 13:58:40 PDT 2015

On Jul 8, 2015, at 1:07 PM, Sue Hulsether wrote:

> I practiced with imaginary people in my living room:  practicing (out loud!) the walk-through, practicing the calling,

Hey, kids!  Modern technology is your friend!  Just put on a
Bluetooth and you can practice teaching and calling dances
almost anywhere without getting funny looks.

[Disclaimer:  I haven't actually tried this myself.  This is
not official advice, legal or otherwise.  I assume no liability,
won't bail you out of the drunk tank, etc., etc., yadda, yadda,
blah, blah, blah.]

Sue continued

> dancing in each position while I practiced the calling....

That part might best be kept to places like your living room.

--Jim