[Callers] Tempos for Contras (was Re: Tempo for Squares)

Richard Hart richhart49 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:26:08 PDT 2019

Sometime over past year someone use liveBPM at the Nelson Monday night dances a few times. It was interesting to see that the beat per minute varied quite a bit depending on musicians, dancers, the caller, and particular dance. They varied from a low in the 80’s up to about 125.

And, yes, the music seemed slow with bpm in the 80’s, but it worked well given the dancers on the floor.

Rich.

Sent from my iPhone