[Callers] Including Mobility Challenged Dancers

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Wed Sep 11 11:26:55 PDT 2019

I have a private family dance gig with a church this weekend. In our
touching base just now, the contact brought up a request to include *some*
material that would be amenable to a couple of folks who wish to
participate but have mobility issues.

I'm seeking further detail from them to know the scope of the challenges
but thought I'd reach out to see how others have dealt with similar
situations. In my normal calling for family events, I'll often mention
alternative moves for folks who don't bend as well as they used to, etc.
but I'm guessing the needs here may be more significant.

Do you have any particular material you'd use within an otherwise standard
family/community dance context to suit mobility challenges? I know there
are things like the seated squares session at NEFFA but am hoping for
material that wouldn't require rearranging the furniture, etc. between
selections.

Thanks!
Don