[Callers] Public Dance, Ideas Wanted

Colin Hume colin at colinhume.com
Tue Sep 10 03:53:28 PDT 2019

On Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:07:27 -0400, Jonathan Janzen via Callers wrote:
> I'm planning to throw in a few circle mixers, and a couple easy English Country Dances as well.
> Maybe Hole in the Wall, or even the Virginia Reel..

Who told you Virginia Reel was English?

They may not have the style or control to get anything out of Hole in the Wall.  You don't want them going away thinking that
English is pointless.  If you want some easy English dances, I recommend:

https://barndances.org.uk/detail.php?Title=Clopton_Bridge
https://barndances.org.uk/detail.php?Title=Boston_Tea_Party

And how about a couple of traditional American Squares?  I recommend:

https://barndances.org.uk/detail.php?Title=Texas_Star
https://barndances.org.uk/detail.php?Title=Tunnel_Through

Colin Hume

Email colin at colinhume.com      Web site http://colinhume.com