[Callers] Partial circulate the wave?

Read Weaver rweaver at igc.org
Fri May 18 09:13:58 PDT 2018

I’m not sure “circulate” is a common enough move in contra that you have to worry about using the call differently, though it is becoming more common. And correspondingly, I’d say “partial circulate” will hardly be helpful at all. I think you could say “circulate to a wave” the first couple of times, and then “circulate t’wave” as needed. (Teach it, of course, with more words than that, and tell them you’re going to call it “circulate to a wave.” Maybe point out during teaching that if you’re facing in you go to the wave, if you’re facing out you turn and stay on the outside—that way you don’t have to call “circulate to a ladies’ wave”/“circulate to a gents’ wave.")

Read Weaver
Jamaica Plain, MA

> On May 17, 2018, at 2:09 PM, Jack Mitchell via Callers <callers at lists.sharedweight.net> wrote:
> What would you call a circulate like this?  Would it be a partial circulate?  Or, in the interest of not adding any more terminology, since only half of the people are going to end up in a wave after each one, would it be better to just say "ladies take 4 steps forward to a long wave of ladies, gents face in", etc?  
> A1    Balance Wave
>         Circulate (Gents Loop, ladies take 4 steps forward) to a long wave of ladies
>          Balance Wave of Ladies
>          Circulate (ladies walk forward and face in, gents take 4 steps forward) to a long wave of gents
> A2    Balance Wave of Gents
>               Gents step forward – N Sw
> -- 
> Jack Mitchell
> Durham, NC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.sharedweight.net/pipermail/callers-sharedweight.net/attachments/20180518/f0fa0b8e/attachment.html>

More information about the Callers mailing list