[Callers] Mountain Dance – Calling, Feet & Figures – From Scratch - Scholarships Due April 1st.

T Claw via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Mar 16 16:22:08 PDT 2016

I'll be co-teaching a week long Appalachian Dance and Calling class with
Becky Hill this summer. So if you don't have post Clifftop plans that make
you feel like living and you're not going to Galax, come hang with us.
SCHOLARSHIP Applications due APRIL 1st. Save yourself $450. I think we are
taking over William Mentor's slot. Staff Musicians include Aaron Olwell and
Jess McIntosh. You can take all sorts of other dance and music classes too.
https://augustaheritagecenter.org/about-augusta/scholarships/
https://augustaheritagecenter.org/augusta-schedule/dance/

"Mountain Dance – Calling, Feet & Figures – From Scratch: This class
focuses on Appalachian Dance Traditions. As a major facet of community
dance is inclusion, no prior experience is necessary and all ages are
welcome. T-Claw <https://youtu.be/uNTu_WbWdas> and Becky Hill will be
joined throughout the week by West Virginia square dance callers Mack
Samples, Ellen and Eugene Ratcliffe and Lou Maiuri, who will share dance
figures unique to this region. We’ll present the basics of square dance
calling, choreography, patter and teaching. Becky will cover the
fundamentals of flatfooting and clogging. Look forward to the Tennessee
Walking Step and creating your own steps through improvisation."

Take Care, T-Claw

Square Dance Caller
calling.t.claw at gmail.com
615-430-8230