[Callers] Contras for One Nighters

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Mar 5 18:54:44 PST 2016

~Erik
   510-410-0456 Mobile
   510-444-4397 Land-Line

On 3/5/2016 4:03 PM, Kalia Kliban via Callers wrote:
> On 3/5/2016 1:27 PM, Erik Hoffman via Callers wrote:
>
> As written, it's proper (or, for a non-dancer crowd, "it doesn't
> matter which side you're on as long as you're across from your
> partner'), so I'd avoid using the gendered terms in the A2.  And as
> written, it was RH then LH star but I think it flows better the other
> way.

Of course! That's why I wrote "(pretending it's) Improper." I did
suspect that it'd be proper, with first corners & second corners, but I
suppose I'm more of an American style caller...

And, about those A2 terms, for a beginner group I'd change that to:
     A2: Partner DSD; Neighbor DSD
as anything on the bias -- especially when it's likely to change when
you transform from one to two or vice versa--is confusing for the
uninitiated...

~erik hoffman
     oakland, ca