[Callers] Contras for One Nighters

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Mar 5 13:09:41 PST 2016

On 3/5/2016 1:01 PM, Rich Sbardella wrote:
> Kalia,
> You make a good point.  My most successful contra for such applications
> has been Haste to the Wedding in a proper line.
> I have had trouble with the cast at Party Dances.  Do you demonstrate
> it?  How do you describe it?

A demonstration is the easiest, and I'll often demo it more than once to
be really clear.  Do it with the music, too, so folks get an idea of
when everything happens and when they need to be done.

> I like your suggestion of Washington Quickstep.  I might try it with 1.s
> DSD, then 2s DSD instead of R&L Thrus.

Super smart.  R&L through is a tough move for a ONS situation.  Anything
you can do to simplify it is a good idea.

Kalia