Dear Northeast Dance Organizers,
As the Longest Day has just passed for all of us in the Northeast, the four
of us are very busy with tasks related to the Puttin' On the Dance
conference planned for November 11-13.
Here's our news:
* Mary Wesley of Ferrisburgh,VT has joined our conference organizing team!
We're thrilled to add her energy and experience to our planning crew, and we
eagerly anticipate an inspiring weekend conference in November.
* Our conference website is ready! http://www.puttinonthedance.org/ You'll
find all sorts of interesting info there, including specifics on conference
fees, various deadlines, travel info, forms, and more. Many thanks to two
multi-talented Northeast dance organizers - Toki Oshima of Whitefield ME for
her artwork and Ethan Hazzard-Watkins of Brattleboro VT for his website
* Find us on Facebook! Here's a handy link:
* Registration is now open, with the Earlybird Fees in effect until
September 1. (See *Register *tab on the website for full details.)
* We have some scholarship funding in hand, and we are actively seeking
additional contributions to the scholarship fund. (For info and
application, see *Scholarships*, under *Register *tab on the website) We
hope you will also use creative ways to pay your conference fees. (For a
few useful suggestions, see *Fund Your Attendance*, under *Register *tab on
* Next steps include finalizing the *Program *content, session *Topics*, and
*Session Leadership*, as you can see from those pages on the website. Keep
in touch with your suggestions and input!
Happy Solstice and happy organizing!
Chrissy, Delia, Linda & Mary
Puttin' On the Dance: A Conference for Northeast Dance Organizers
November 11-13, 2011
Chrissy Fowler (ME) Delia Clark (VT) Linda Henry (MA) Mary Wesley (VT)