[Organizers] Facebook boosts

Patti Maxwell via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri May 5 08:17:09 PDT 2017

​​Hi ~

I am the organizer for Seacoast Contra in Newfields New Hampshire.  We are
a small-town group with a big heart :)

I've boosted our dance with Facebook approximately 3 times.  The budget I
set was very low, as we're on a very tight budget ($15)  We've polled new
people how they found us...and we received no response from a Facebook ad.
Most found us multiple ways, including signs we place near our dance a week
before and a sandwich board outside the dance, referral from friends,
posting on our FB page, email list and Meetup posts to multiple groups.
Multi-faceted means of advertising our group has made it a viable dance.
We just celebrated our one year Contraversary.  Our group has grown
steadily.

I do think there is value in boosting our group....it gets us noticed, and
planting that seed is essential.  I think that a bigger budget for a larger
group would be a great way to get noticed and bring in new dancers  It just
can't be the only way.

Patti

​~~~~~​
Patti Maxwell