[Organizers] pay parity for callers & musicians

Delia Clark via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jul 31 05:20:56 PDT 2017

I’m a caller for small ONS and local dances and I generally find that organizers offer to pay me more than they pay band members. I usually decline this and offer to split the total with the band so that each individual is getting the same amount. This feels fair to me as, while band members are investing huge time in practice and money in instruments, at the level I work with, they are doing it for pleasure as a hobby, while I am calling more as a volunteer, out of a desire to build community, and I do tend to carry the stress of making the evening successful, especially with crowds with mixed levels of experience.

Delia Clark
PO Box 45
Taftsville, VT 05073
Office/mobile: +1-802-457-2075