[Organizers] building contra dance

Claire Takemori via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun May 15 14:05:34 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I just joined the list.  I’m a new programmer (I book band, caller, sound) for South Bay Contra in the Bay Area, CA.  I’m also helping lead the team of volunteers that manage the dance.

We are trying to turn our dance into a sustainable one, as the past was often only about 20 dancers and it was not making ends meet.

If you have ideas on how to bring new dancers, get advertising at colleges/schools,  create a dance that is welcoming and safe, I’d love to hear them!

I’m also interested in what signs & policies you have for your dance for dancer safety (Creepers, unfriendly comments, etc)

Thank you!   Looking forward to learning from your experiences!

Claire Takemori (Campbell CA)