[Organizers] University contra clubs

Donald Perley via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 20 10:44:46 PDT 2016

Unfortunately the people I know there have all graduated, but for
ideas: Green Mountain College has a club with some subsidy for van
transport to take students to area dances, and runs 1 or 2 dances per
year on campus.

web site description:
Contra club connects Green Mountain College students to the wider New
England community through a shared love of traditional music and
dance. This club integrates the GMC community into the folk music and
dance movement by teaching the basics of these dances to newly
interested students, faculty, staff, and other community members. The
club provides dance enthusiasts and gives the community the
opportunity to dance in the local region and beyond.