[Callers] Looking for non-mixer dances for kids (age 4-10)

Kalia Kliban kalia.kliban at gmail.com
Wed May 15 18:19:13 PDT 2019

One resource that Luke didn't mention which I have found very useful is
Thomas Green's barn dance website:
https://barndances.org.uk/
You can sort by formation, level of difficulty, dance name, etc.  I've
gotten a lot of goodies here.

A dance that I picked up a few years back (and thought was by Luke but
apparently it isn't) and have gotten a lot of use out of is Circle
Shuffle.  I call it Middle Muddle, and now have no idea who wrote it.
Works well for adults too.
A1 (8) Partner Do-si-do
       (8) Partner two hand turn
A2  (8) Circle left
      (8)  Circle right
B1 (8) Into middle/out
       (8) Into middle/out
B2 Promenade through the middle of the circle to a new spot.

If your group is on the large side, you may want to change it to
B1 Into the middle and back, then all promenade through the middle to
the other side (the chaos of which will extend all the way through B2).
If your group is a little better at sorting themselves out, then the
extra into the middle and back as written might fit just fine.