[Callers] Who’s in the middle?

Bob Isaacs isaacsbob at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 11:06:08 PST 2019

Hi Alex and All:

This may or not be what you're asking for, but the following role-free contra was written where any dancer can be at any position in the wave.  I learned in writing this that it was too difficult for me to include a neighbor swing, keep it role-free, and have all stay with their partner - Bob

Make No Assumptions                     Becket-L, role-free

A1.      8          Long lines forward and back

            8          Circle L ¾ and pass through

A2.      8          N2 dosido 1¼ to wave/4                                                         (1)

            4,4       Balance, N2 allemande R

B1.      16        Hey (CL, PR, OL, N2R)

B2.      4          Centers pass L

            12        Partner swing

Written on April 11, 2014, and first called on April 23, 2014 at Princeton, NJ. Written at the suggestion of Paul Sawyer of Massachusetts, who was interested in role-free dances.

(1) – With centers (C) taking L hands in the center and outsides (O) taking R hands on the side.