[Callers] Gate vs Hand Cast

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Sat Oct 13 14:52:51 PDT 2018

Thanks for all the replies and details! I only have one of Larry's books,
mine (G&T if I recall correctly) has just a supplemental glossary.

I was stuck on the idea of a gate having a person serving as a post, now I
understand the definition has gone to a shared/equal move. Gate it is.

I don't have any examples at hand, but such a change in meaning/practice
(around a person - > around a pair's center) could impact the feeling of
prior choreography. I think I read something recently where an argument was
being made that modern folks approaching traditional material with current
move interpretation may be causing them to not flow as well as they did
with contemporary interpretation, negatively coloring dancer reception of
the material.

-Don