[Callers] Programming a Dance

Donna Hunt dhuntdancer at aol.com
Wed Mar 14 20:05:30 PDT 2018

 My approach to programming is exactly like Woody's for regular contra, barn dances, and NEFFA type events.

In addition, a Challenging Contra session (prior to a regular contra dance) I might program a week ahead with extensive walkthru in my living room (especially those dances where you leave your partner...I want to know where everyone is supposed to be), because those dances I've usually not danced or called prior and they require the extra time to learn.

A dance weekend I might take up to a month (or more) to program depending on what kind of workshops the organizer wants...writing medley's, special programming, and perhaps coordinating with other callers.
Donna Hunt