[Callers] More substitute terms for the g-word

Martha Wild mawild at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 13:25:42 PDT 2018

I don’t see that if you substitute a term that ends with a long e it should be nixed just for that reason. OK, maybe kipsy might be considered just a euphemism. But "Look-see", as described by Susan Michaels, has the virtue of involving the fact that you are looking at the other person, and seeing them. Why shouldn’t we choose a term that’s easier to substitute and remember to use like “Look-see” instead of the bland, cold, bulky, impossible to shorten, “right shoulder round” (or left shoulder round).
Martha