[Callers] Programming a Dance

Martha Wild mawild at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 13 11:06:01 PDT 2018

Usually from 2-4 hours, I’d say. I plan in alternatives for harder dances, and I also provide suggestions to the band for what sorts of tunes are needed, smooth, bouncy, marchy, where the balances are. I always pre-program. Occasionally I have to change something on the fly, but not usually an entire dance.
Martha