[Callers] Beneficial Tradition

hgrastorf hgrastorf at aol.com
Thu Jan 4 18:05:39 PST 2018

I have seen it called as a Sicilian Circle, which eliminated the end effects.
-------- Original message --------From: Bob Green via Callers <callers at lists.sharedweight.net> Date: 1/4/18  6:00 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Kalia Kliban <kalia.kliban at gmail.com> Cc: Caller's discussion list <callers at sharedweight.net> Subject: Re: [Callers] Beneficial Tradition
I have always thought part of the difficulty is that the ladies momentum is away from each other in that last pull by, leaving them a distance away from each other. On the end there can be some indecision about being in or out. In XYZ (which has a different set of challenges at the end with the "reverse") the momentum brings the ladies toward each other to start the next round, and makes it a little more obvious when you are out. Those dancing gent can help by giving SUBTLE weith in the correct direction after the last pull-by.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwjTWK3-4g)

Happy New Year,

Bob

Those of you who have called this dance a lot, have you noticed the same issue?  How do you teach the B2-A1 transition to minimize the confusion and end effects?

Kalia

ps Happy New Year, everyone!

List Address:  Callers at lists.sharedweight.net

Archives:  https://www.mail-archive.com/callers@lists.sharedweight.net/