[Callers] How many beats to a rip/snort?

Jane Ewing contradance at charter.net
Sun Apr 8 06:54:45 PDT 2018

Jane's Rip & Snort   Dec 2011
Dup Im

A1     See-Saw N, Bal Cir
         2's Rip & Snort up thru 1's

A2     4 in Line-Turn Alone, Back & bend to ring

B1    Circle Left 3, Partner Sw

B2     Ladies Chain, Star Left

Jane Ewing
Grant, AL

Regarding timing... on its own A1 is technically longer then 16 for the
average dancer......however the timing in B2 seldom takes 16.  When the
2 are in action together 9 sets out of 10 have no problem.  Rip & Snort
will still get close to 8 counts to accomplish.  This is an easy dance
that brings out laughter.  It is also good to set up the caller to use
R&S later in the evening in a square without having to teach the move
during the Sq Dance walk thru.  Enjoy.  Also a big thanks to Tom Hinds
who was my sounding board when working on this one