[Callers] Great dances for learning how to dance with ghosts?

K Panton panton90 at tricolour.queensu.ca
Wed Apr 4 18:40:04 PDT 2018

I'm planning to include, in an upcoming evening, a dance with some moderate
(from a beginner perspective) end-effects. Preceding that, I'd like to get
the dancers accustomed to dancing with ghosts with a view to making the
end-effects make sense or, at least, be less of a concern.

I can think of a few dances in which there are easy-intros to end effects
(a move involving a an out-and-back with a shadow, for example (e.g. The
Young Adult Rose)) but I'm more interested in dances that callers may have
in mind that dance well with ghosts.

Maybe I could write a purpose-written dance with the name "The Ghosts and
Mrs. Muir". :)

(Dating myself)

Ken Panton