[Callers] Multiple N swings / does this dance exist?

Linda Leslie laleslierjg at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 05:07:03 PDT 2017

Here are a few for you, Maia. Hope the workshop is a lot of fun!
Linda
ps: I have not seen your dance before…

Back from Vermont
by David Zinkin
Contra/Improper/Int

A1 -----------
Neighbor swing
Long lines forward and back
A2 -----------
Star right three-quarters to long waves (P right, gents out, ladies in)
Balance the long wave
Shadow allemande left once
B1 -----------
Partner Balance and Swing
B2 -----------
Circle left three-quarters
Swing same neighbor
      At ends, don't cross! shadow!

Got Nice Neighbors
by Billy Boyer
Contra/Becket-CW/Easy

A1 -----------
Down the Hall four in line, turn as a couple, return
A2 -----------
Circle left 3/4
(8) Neighbor swing
B1 -----------
(8) Long lines, forward and back
(8) NEXT Neighbor swing*
B2 -----------
(8) Ladies allemande Right 1-1/2
(8) Partner swing

Naked in California
by Nils Fredland
Contra/Improper/Int

A1 -----------
Long lines forward and back
Neighbor swing
A2 -----------
Ladies allemande right One-Half
Partner allemande left three-quarters
Shadow allemande right once and a half (ladies out, gents face in)
B1 -----------
Long waves balance right, left, Slide right
Partner swing
B2 -----------
Circle left three-quarters
Same neighbor swing

Around the Sound
by Cary Ravitz
Contra/Becket-CW/Adv

A1 -----------
(var. on Give & Take): Long lines forward
 Neighbor gypsy 1/2, gent back up with N to swing (ladies side)
A2 -----------
(8) 1/2 Hey, men passing left shoulders
Same Neighbor swing
B1 -----------
Long lines forward, P gypsy 1/2 (same effect as pass thru, TA)
(8) Star Right 3/4
NEW GENTS alle L once (ladies step L to meet P)

B2 -----------
P B&S

CDS Reel
by Ted Sannella
Contra/Improper/Easy

A1 -----------
Neighbor swing
Long lines forward and back (end join in)
Whole set circle left
Circle right
Star left three-quarters
Gents turn back and swing partner