[Callers] "pick her up"

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Wed Nov 22 13:52:04 PST 2017

I view this situation generically as akin to talking to the "actives" in a
sequence where there's not enough time to tell everyone what to do in the
call (as opposed to the walk-through).

In this case, the Allemande folks are moving first and therefore "active."
I've used a call of "Gents Allemande Left once and a half, hold on, Ladies
join your Partner for a Star Promenade.." (or the reverse) but it's more
wordy than the "pick up your _____"  or "pick 'em up" variant.

In my teaching I try to stress to the "picked up" folks that they are
active participants and it's important to stay aware, facing the right
direction and ready to merge up to speed into the promenade (akin to cars
on an on-ramp) - so all arrive on time for the next bit.

-Don

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Ron Blechner via Callers <