[Callers] More zigzag videos (was Re: ???? Looking for Author of Dance -dancers adjust)

James Saxe via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Mar 25 15:16:16 PDT 2017

I wrote

> I haven't found any other videos of "Cows Are Watching", ...

but on looking back through recent messages, I see that Vicki Morrison
mentioned one she made with Cis Hinkle calling at Mentone.  Here it is:

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9Rp5Fdhscc

And here are a couple more:

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDWs0vk8qg
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IVrtMEv7j0

And here's a video of Rick Mohr's "Laura's Zigzag":

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2c3GLAGIl0

Michael Dyck's contra dance index

     http://www.ibiblio.org/contradance/index/by_title.html

cites sources for instructions for "Cows Are Watching" and "Laura's Zigzag",
and also for "Weave the Line", which I mentioned in my previous message (and
also for thousands of other dances).

Y'all can watch the videos, read the instructions, and draw your own
conclusions about how practice compares with theory, and about whether
there are any cases where you'd want to expend effort changing that.

--Jim