[Callers] Advanced Contras

Jack Mitchell via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Mar 20 19:18:19 PDT 2017

Hi Richard --

Here are a few  that could be fun for that sort of program:

Not all that difficult, but unusual (and for 3 part tunes)

*40 Years of Penguin Pam *– Seth Tepfer *Becket*

*A1* Circle Left ¾
N Sw

*A2* Circle Left ¾
w/ P two-hand turn (end facing L Diagonal)

*B1* on L Diagonal R&L Thru
straight across R&L Thru

*B2* on L Diagonal Ladies Chain
straight across Ladies Chain (to shadow)

*C1* on L Diagonal ½ Hey (passing R shoulder)
straight across ½ Hey

*C2* P B&S

Also a good traveling up and down the line dance:

*4 44 44*– Tom Hinds Improper

*A1 *N DsD
N RH Balance, pull by R
(next N) pull by L (This is the N you will alle )

*A2* 3rd N RH Balance
Square Thru (N by RH, P by LH, N by RH)
N#2 Alle L 1½

*B1* Gents Cross
P Sw

*B2* LL F&B
Circle Left ¾
Pass Thru

And finally:

*Would you do it for $20?** – *Robert Cromartie --
*Proper *based on Swinging into Matrimony by Kathy Anderson

*Note: For the 2's time doing contra corners, the dance will start
backwards proper **A1* Balance Ring, Twirl to the right
Balance Ring, Twirl to the right

*A2* 1s (2s) RH Bal and Box the Gnat
1s (2s) turn contra corners until they get to 2nd corner
(P Alle R, 1st Corner Alle L, P Alle R…) w/ 2nd Corner start

*B1* Hey on the diagonal, starting by passing L Sh
Note: All heys on the same diagonal (up/stage left to down/stage right)
In each hey, you have either partner (when active) or a shadow (shadows
start @ opp ends of hey)

*B2 *1s (2s) B&S
1s face down, 2s face up

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:49 PM Richard Green via Callers <

Hello fellow callers!

I am preparing a very short program of advanced or challenging contras
which I will be leading at the Down East Festival next week.  This will be
one of many festival offerings during the weekend of March 24-25.  I have
done a challenging session at several past festivals and have a small
collection of dances that I think are both moderately challenging and fun
to dance.  (I also have a few that I will never call again!)  I have not
added to my list for quite a while and would appreciate any suggestions
that any of you would be kind enough to share.  I will not be doing any
other formations than duple or becket dances, although I understand that
there are many other fun formations.

If you could include the complete choreography and any teaching or other
tips that would be very helpful.  I always credit the dance authors, so
please include that information as well.

Thanks so much!  This list is a great resource to have.

Richard Green

Wayne, Maine

*Sent with Shift
<https://tryshift.com/?utm_source=SentWithShift&utm_campaign=Sent%20with%20Shift%20Signature&utm_medium=Email%20Signature&utm_content=General%20Email%20Group/>*