[Callers] Super easy dances - do they exist?

Woody Lane via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Jun 17 20:46:51 PDT 2017

I always start my pre-dance workshop with a 2-handed turn. If necessary,
I demonstrate it with someone. Then I teach allemande left, allemande
right, and dos-i-do. Then I sometimes ask the band to play a tune 2-3
times at a relatively fast tempo, and I make up a silly dance using only
those figures, where the partners only dance with each other (no
progression, although that would be fun -- just call "move to the next
person!"). It doesn't take long before everyone is smiling and laughing,
but the main thing is that they are doing the moves and listening to the
calls and learning to trust my voice.

Woody

--
Woody Lane