[Callers] New Dance to Share

Richard Fischer via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Jun 8 17:40:37 PDT 2017

I recently called Pat Shaw’s K & E for the first time. I think of it as a contra dance, in its own unusual formation, though I guess one is more likely to encounter it in an English dance setting. The dance has some challenges, and might be suitable for an advanced session, but I’m happy to say the dancers at our regular Princeton contra dance mastered it and enjoyed it. I think it’s a fabulous dance!  Instructions are here:

http://www.patshaw.info/dances/#kande

It has its own tune, which is in Barnes 1.

Richard Fischer
Princeton, NJ