[Callers] contras for square dancers

Judy Greenhill via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 19 07:30:11 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your suggestions and helpful tips. Just to emphasize-I am
BOTH a square dancer AND a contra dancer, but so far only a contra caller. I
love both! For different reasons.

I've undertaken to call some contras for a local group. Our caller, who has
been calling for over 50 years-he started when he was 9 years old-has never
called contras and I have challenged him to start. He's accepted that
challenge but says he's never called a program he hasn't danced. Since
contra dance around here-southern Ontario-pretty much shuts down for the
summer I'm filling a gap until the fall. I don't expect to make contra
dancers of them, although if some of them get bitten by the bug.

Judy

---