[Callers] contras for modern square dancers

Colin Hume via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 19 07:16:52 PDT 2017

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 05:45:53 -0700, Aahz via Callers wrote:
> Putting it another way, if they can't enjoy what makes contra different from square dancing, why bother?

I was going to make exactly the same point.  It's like people who want to introduce contra dancers to English, and therefore
choose English dances which are as close to contras as possible.  The contra dancers go away thinking "English is just like contra
but without the swings - why bother?"

Colin Hume

Email colin at colinhume.com      Web site http://colinhume.com