[Callers] Contras which feature a "Dublin Bay" figure

Keith Wood via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jan 27 18:20:43 PST 2017

Here's another contribution to the Dublin Bay collection, hopefully
fulfilling the criteria below:

    Liffey Outflow

Formation: Becket formation

Music: 32 bar reels

Source: Keith Wood Jan 2017

Notes: Following online discussions about the Dublin Bay movement I
decided to create a dance that incorporated it.

1-4 	Gypsy opposite
5-8 	1st man and 2nd woman (at the bottom of each minor set)
back-to-back and finish facing down, while the others cross (right
shoulder) and move to the end of a line of four facing down, men on one
side, women on the other
9-12 	Dublin Bay: lines of four back up (up the hall) and then come
forward, turning individually half-way (toward same-sex neighbour) at
the last moment to face up
13-16 	Lines of four back up (down the hall) and then come forward,
turning individually to face same-sex neighbour at the last moment
17-22 	3/4 hey for four passing same-sex neighbour right-shoulder to
start (until meeting your partner the second time)
23-24 	Circle left half-way (men together and women together)
25-28 	Swing partner
29-32 	Slice left: advance towards the couple on your left diagonal,
then retire straight back from them (progression); spare couples wheel
onto the opposite side

Cheers

Keith Wood

> I'd love to see more Dublin Bay dances that aren't all glossary moves
> surrounding the down-hall move.

> So. What else we got? :)
>
> Ron Blechner

---