[Callers] Favorite NWT dances

JD Erskine via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jan 15 02:36:48 PST 2017

Home from calling, and post dance stuff.

It was a good first-Contra-dance-of-the-new-year with all that entails.

I was sitting here, kindly thinking, "Okay, all/most acronyms may be
worked out in the context of their use." So, it finally came to me.

"Up here" NWT is North West Territories, so it took a bit to shelve that
first.

Tonight, after the interval/break where we'd had a last gasp performance
of a Mummers play performed, I started those folks interested in moving
with Set A Crochet which I'd gleaned some years ago from the Ralph Page
Dance Legacy Weekend syllabi.

[Moved, again, to
http://www.library.unh.edu/find/archives/collections/ralph-page-dance-legacy-weekend-rpdlw
]

It's a two couple, Quebecois, scatter dance which I've used in a number
of situations.

We'd already danced lady's chains so I went with the standard version of
the dance which includes that vs the barn dance variant I sometimes try
which avoids it.

Thanks for the Q. and the A-s. I tend to lead/call more "NWT" dances at
ECD than for Contra.

Cheers, John
--
J.D. Erskine