[Callers] Callers Digest, Vol 40, Issue 10

Gretchen Caldwell via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Aug 16 13:31:03 PDT 2017

Tulsa Tribute is a simple, lovely "contra waltz" that works well as a cool-down on a hot night.  I sometimes use it as the next-to-last dance of the evening.  The band needs to choose a waltz in AABB, rather than ABAB as many are usually played.  If I teach it in tempo, they usually figure it out.
Tulsa Tribute -  Keith ?Juxhorn? (can't read my own writing)**Becket**A1:  Circle left 1/2, balance the ring        Circle left 1/2, balance the ringA2:  Ladies chain over and back (it really helps to call this in tempo - the ladies tend to pick up the loveliness of the waltz tempo with the chain)B1:  Full hey for four (ladies start by passing right shoulders)B2:  With your partner, waltz in place, end by sliding left to a new couple.

Gretchen Caldwell, Charlotte NC  gretchendance at yahoo.com