[Callers] Luthier on Long Island?

Louise Siddons via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Aug 12 13:16:35 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I know there is a musicians' list, but as a caller I'm not on it — and I thought some of you multitalented folk might still be able to answer this question.

We have (it's not mine, so please forgive all inaccuracies in this description) a 50-yr-old Gibson acoustic guitar in need of repair: the nut broke, and it could use some new frets. The instrument in question has significant sentimental value as well as other sorts of value and so we're looking for a trustworthy person to repair it -- someone not too terribly far from the North Fork of Long Island, if possible (anywhere in Suffolk County would be good; either of the Forks or Riverheadish would be great).

Thanks,

Louise Siddons
Temporarily of Cutchogue, NY! But usually from Stillwater, OK.