[Callers] headset mics

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Sep 13 00:38:54 PDT 2016

I also have a Sennheiser transmitter that uses a mini phone plug to connect to the lavalier—I used it for a fiddle, not a headset mic. Since it was connected to the fiddle, the transmitter probably went in and out of my pocket a lot more than a headset would have come on and off my head. On this, too, when it needed fixing, I replaced the phone plug with a regular gold-plated one from Radio Shack. Not threads to clamp it down, and it, too, has been working fine for years. A lot easier than splicing wires…

~erik hoffman
    Oakland, ca