[Callers] headset mics

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Sep 16 01:21:02 PDT 2016

Hmm, looking at this I see I was ambiguous:

These transmitters use balanced wires to connect to the PA. The Senheiser uses a TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve) type connector. And, the receiver needs power. It’s the power wire that wears out. The Sennheiser came with wall-wart transformer and a connector that slides in a slot. The original had the ancillary threaded part, which has been replaced with a less expensive, generic wall-wart that just pushes into the slot.

A web-search yields the name: coaxial power connector. Picture from wiki
[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Hohlstecker_und_Hohlbuchse_5%2C5x2%2C5.jpg/350px-Hohlstecker_und_Hohlbuchse_5%2C5x2%2C5.jpg]

Ones that have the threaded part are called “Locking Coaxial Power Connectors:
[Image result for locking coaxial power connector image]

Again, I’ve replaced both the locking power connector with a non-locking one, and the locking phone plug of the Sennheiser mic—that goes into the transmitter—with a standard mini-phone plug with no problems.

~erik hoffman
   Oakland, ca