[Callers] Chains: the other side of the coin

John Sweeney via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Sep 3 16:29:08 PDT 2016

Hi Tavi,
	I do teach the twirls in a Ladies' Chain, occasionally at a regular
dance, but more often in style and technique workshops at festivals.

	If anyone wants some pointers on how to teach good twirl technique
then please see my article at http://modernjive.com/history/tension.html

	Although this is written for a different dance style, when you get
to a point where there is (albeit briefly) some lead and follow, as in a
twirl, then most of this article is directly applicable to the twirls and
flourishes that we do in contra dancing.

	Because the dance style that this article was written for has a male
lead, it uses the words "man" and "lady", but you can substitute anything
you like to indicate who is the twirler and who is the twirlee.

	I hope you find it useful.

Happy dancing,
John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362