[Callers] Microphones and/or technique for a deep voice.

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed May 18 19:44:20 PDT 2016

Mic technique is IMHO more important than mic type, I'd concentrate on
being a consistent reasonable distance away from the mic with it pointing
*at* your mouth. Vary pitch rather than volume with your voice to
communicate excitement. I have a naturally deeper voice myself and find
keeping my thumb extended and just touching my chin enables a consistent
sound without having to remember to maintain that constant distance:

http://veino.com/site/media/caller/DonV-Caller-HalfSize.jpg

(yes, there are nicer looking models but I knew where this picture was... :)

The sound person should be able to then adjust the tone controls to match
your voice (probably reducing bass and possibly boosting highs).

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Darwin Gregory via Callers <