[Callers] Fwd: Re: Boomerang

Jonathan Sivier via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Mar 31 09:12:04 PDT 2016

Laurie,
    Jim makes good points.  Think of the "pass through, circle left,
pass through" as one extended 16 beat figure rather than trying to break
it into 2 8 beat figures with the circle crossing the middle of the
phrase.  When I'm calling this dance the 2nd half of the dance goes
something like this (as best I can recall sitting at my computer).

(starting on the last 2 beats of the previous phrase)
pass through, (pause for a beat), turn alone, circle left, (pause for a
few beats), pass through, (pause for a beat or so), balance and swing

    The "turn alone, circle left" goes very quickly, taking maybe only 2
beats.  The rest tends to be slower, one word per beat.  Writing this
out may not be the best way to convey my meaning, but hopefully it gives
you some idea.

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
Caller of Contra, Square, English and Early American Dances
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
Dance Page: http://www.sivier.me/dance_leader.html
-----
Q: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
A: It depends on what dance you call!