[Callers] Box circulate dances

John Sweeney via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 20 02:03:20 PDT 2016

I would always include in the notation the fact that the balances for a Box
Circulate are MUCH more satisfying if they are Forward & Back - that sets
you up with the right momentum to cross the set.

I really wish callers would specify the direction of every balance; for
instance if the next move is Allemande Left, then balancing Left/Right is
much better than Right/Left (which leaves you too close to the person you
are Allemanding).

Spinning as you cross the set in a Box Circulate is also fun, and much
easier to do if you have balanced Forward & Back.

:-)

Happy dancing,
John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362